Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Etc

Ooops. Been forgetting to post here. Looks like it's been a while since the last entry. Maybe now that I know I still have a job I'll be able to keep up better.

I'm still looking for a reasonable way to track mileage, routes, etc. Hand-mapping sucks anywhere, but without equal at MapMyRun.com. I'm trying AllSport GPS on my Blackberry Curve. It's ok, works with bicycling too, but doesn't give me the mile splits I would like. It also seems a bit inconsistent in terms of how well it tracks "rest" time.

Bought a road bike this weekend. Rode Saturday and Sunday. The new shifters, part of the brake levers, are a little tricky to get used to. I thought I'd be a lot faster on a road bike than on my mountain bike, but only 1 - 2 mph faster on the same course. Hmmm. Work on technique, I think.

1 Comment:

Emma said...

Hi Geoff, I am an official rep for Trimble Outdoors (the parent company of Allsport GPS). I was wondering feature for miles splits would suit you best. Would you rather be able to edit the splits yourself, or have a different set of standard splits? What kind of splits do you use now? I would be interested to hear your feedback. :) You can email me at Emma_Wells(at)trimble(dot)com.

blogger templates | Make Money Online